Classroom Technology Services (CTS) installs and maintains the presentation equipment in the General Purpose (GP) classrooms.
Each GP classroom that we maintain includes an Instructor's Station housing a Windows PC equipped with a Teams-enabled web camera, and a projector control panel for the high-quality projectors and audio/video equipment.
- Training on the classroom presentation equipment
- Consulting on equipment for department purchases
- Answering questions about what can be done in the classrooms
- Answering questions about software on the computers
- Showing how to convert old presentation formats (VHS) to newer technology
- Replacing dim or burnt-out projector bulbs
We cannot replace burnt out ceiling lights, fix wall clocks or window shades, or adjust room temperatures. For these types of problems, please see the UVM Physical Plant Contact Us page. There you can link to FAMIS Self Service or the SOS Request form if you are not a FAMIS user. You can also call the SOS line (802) 656-2560 or email SOS@uvm.edu.
Use of classroom technology is, by nature, primarily available to faculty, but rooms can be reserved for staff presentations through EMS.
Resources for faculty and instructors are available through the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL).
- See the Classroom Schedules on the Event Management Systems (EMS) web page for a list of equipment in each room.
- Step-by-step instructions for most GP classrooms can be found in our Knowledge Base: go.uvm.edu/classrooms.
- Some classrooms have the iClicker systems already installed for use with the desktop computer. An extra cable has been attached for connection to a laptop if desired. List of rooms with iClicker bases.
- For additional details about room equipment, announcements, and other details about the CTS team, please see the Classroom Technology Services homepage.