Microsoft Teams is a collaborative communications platform that incorporates a persistent chat, video calls/meetings, and file sharing (including collaborative editing of documents).
Teams apps are available for Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and web browsers.
(Teams is also available for Debian and RPM-based Linux as a Preview app, but is not officially supported by UVM. Linux users are advised to use the web version of Teams.)
- Persistent, searchable chat with other Teams and Skype users.
- Integrated with UVM Exchange Calendar
- Participants outside UVM can be invited with any valid email address
- Telephony services (call-in option) can be obtained on an as-needed basis
- Video/audio participation requires appropriate devices (see calls requirements below)
- Meetings can be recorded and are then available via the Streams app
- Schedule Teams meetings directly within Outlook for macOS or Windows (not available in OWA or iOS/Android Outlook apps)
- Video and audio calls with other Teams and Skype users
- Audio calls require a built-in or USB microphone
- Video calls require a built-in or USB webcam
- Easily find, share, and edit files in real-time using familiar apps like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel in Teams.
Complete setup and use instructions available in our Teams Knowledge Base Guide.